A Day in Disney


In my mind there is always room for a little Disney magic in your life. Of course, this is coming from a girl whose early childhood television and music diet subsisted mainly of Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, and Celine Dion singing Beauty and the Beast. I went to Disneyland five times between birth and the age of twelve but haven't been back for years...that is, until this past weekend. I had never been to Los Angeles/Anaheim with such an impulsive air, but I guess I can be okay with being broke if it means I get to spend 12+ hours in Disneyland. My friend graciously drove us to the park and allowed me to revel in the nostalgia of my 10-year-old self. Prepare yourselves for a rather extensive panoply of pictures.

(PS. Apparently panoply is a now word that eighth graders are required to learn in language arts. At least according to my brother's English teacher. Oh the woes of SAT vocabulary.)

Here we go!

I don't know if you can go to Disneyland without taking a picture in front of Mickey's face. Here I attempt to do the tourist picture justice (though I forgo the sparrow face (actually I thought it was pigeon face, but I guess I was misinformed) for my usual dorky open-mouthed glee).


We happily waited in line for all the attractions!

Or maybe not.
But at least we got pictures with some of our favorite characters...(though my friend will tell you otherwise. He was irritated with me for making him wait to see Mickey.)


And we snapped this gem on the third round of Space Mountain (deuces or what?)



I also insisted we fly with Dumbo, but then I realized Dumbo could not in fact detach from the ride and fly into the sky.



Then came teacups (and thankfully no nausea)...


We were also treated with a nice sunset, though this may or may not make me think of Sleeping Beauty meets The Birds.

Even though our feet were terribly sore, we stuck around for the fireworks show. Again, my friend wasn't really that interested in seeing the fireworks for his twentieth time, but he was a good sport about letting me get my money's worth.



To end on an appropriately cheesy note, dreams do come true! (That's what they told me during the fireworks show.)

-Isabelle

2 comments:

  1. awesome photos. I love the Disney parks - always so so much fun :)
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, I love Disney, it's amazing! Nice pictures!

    ¡Estamos de sorteo en el blog! Gana un pack de pulseras: http://trickorchic.com/2014/01/sorteo-pack-de-pulseras-bella-laura/

    Nuevo post, orquídea radiante, el color de 2014: http://trickorchic.com/2014/01/orquidea-radiante-color-2014/

    ReplyDelete

 

Our Websites

Instagram: Melinda || Isabelle
Tumblr: Isabelle || Melinda

About

Click the widget to follow us so we can read all of your lovely blogs!

Follow on Bloglovin