Makeup Essentials: Melinda


I change what makeup I use much less than I change my skincare products. Perhaps it's because I've already found makeup that I love and seems to work well for me. Though I will still experiment and look forward to trying new products, the following few (especially the Airflash foundation and liquid eyeliner) are products that I constantly use and love more each time.

1. Dior Airflash Foundation This is my obsession, and the one makeup product that I always gravitate back to. Although it is pricey, I love the convenience and quality of this foundation. After I shower and put on moisturizer, I can wrap my hair in a towel, spray this on my face, and lightly blend if needed with a brush. My friends are often amused at my "spray and go" beauty routine. This foundation feels light yet has heavy coverage. The only downside is that the aerosol can does not last very long, and I go through a bottle every couple of months.
2. Estee Lauder palette This was just a temporary palette for me, given to me by my mom. I'm searching for new palettes since this one is just about used, but I'm not picky about eyeshadow especially since I use it as just a base for my eyeliner.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment  Lipsticks deserve their own post, but in terms of chapstick, I love Fresh's sugar lip treatment. I always buy chapstick with SPF, and this has SPF 15.
3. Sonia Kashuk bronzer A tiny bit of this bronzer goes a long way. Since bronzers are usually a bit dark for my complexion, I usually use it only during summer months or for photos. This bronzer works great under my cheeks and jaw.
4. Tarte Eyebrow pencil I think eyebrows are such an important part of the face. I use this pencil to lightly fill in my brows, and then use a brush to smudge the lines and give my brows a more natural, non-penciled in look.
5. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liquid eyeliner Since this eyeliner is a liquid pen, I can apply it easily without having to stretch or pull at my eyelids. I typically use foundation and a layer of eyeshadow as a primer, and then this eyeliner will stay on all day and night.
6. Dior Waterproof Mascara It's mascara and it goes on nicely and is waterproof. That's all I have to say because I don't like wearing mascara in the first place; I don't like becoming a panda at the end of the day. Waterproof mascara prevents the panda-ness, but is impossible to get completely off. I don't know, I'm probably the only makeup junkie in the world who hates mascara.
6. Makeup Forever HD Foundation This foundation gives heavy coverage, and doesn't feel as light as my Airflash foundation, so I bought it in a lighter color and use it as a highlighter, or to conceal any red spots. 

1 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that Dior mascara for the longest time, but the price tag has put me off. Is it significantly better than the drugstore versions?

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete

 

Our Websites

Instagram: Melinda || Isabelle
Tumblr: Isabelle || Melinda

About

Click the widget to follow us so we can read all of your lovely blogs!

Follow on Bloglovin