Exploring Portland

At the beginning of August, my boyfriend and I took a few hour drive down to Portland.  It was exciting for me because I've never really planned and gone on a trip without my parents before.  And it was the boyfriend's first time in Oregon! We spent a lot of time roaming around the city eating, going to a few museums, eating, shopping, and eating. (I may or may not have felt five pounds heavier by the end.) Even though the weather started out overcast, we eventually got some sunshine.

We started at the Museum of Contemporary Craft.  Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to seeing some serious DIY, but they did have a cool exhibit on bowls.  I also got some cute cards from the gift shop on sale.

bowls made of plastic dining ware



For anyone considering a stop in Portland, visiting food trucks is a must.  The owner of Chez Dodo, Shyam, was one of the friendliest guys I have ever met, and he served us heaping plates of food.  His truck has only been open seven months, yet he's already got quite the following.
Veggie samosa and rice noodles with wine-braised chicken

Caslon jacket, Uniqlo pants, Coach purse


Pine State biscuits 
at Powell's City of Books

Pittock Mansion 

The Waffle Window


Of course we had to go to Voodoo dougnut. Now we know why all of our friends said to go at night, because the 40 minute wait outside in 80 degrees was not super fun. They did have a designated misting guy though. 

-Isabelle

1 comments:

  1. Portland is on my bucket list--as is the browsing of books at Powell's. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Our Websites

Instagram: Melinda || Isabelle
Tumblr: Isabelle || Melinda

About

Click the widget to follow us so we can read all of your lovely blogs!

Follow on Bloglovin